Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Tammi Tries It!: Grooovy T-Shirt Dress

When I first started sewing, I scoured the internet for hours and hours looking for cool and interesting tutorials. I am not a dress girl by any stretch of the imagination, but when I came across the tutorial for this Groooovy T-shirt Dress by Amynotsomuch on Youtube, I knew I had to try it. I'd just bought a gazillion t-shirts from Goodwill so I had plenty to choose from. The dress consisted of a form fitting tank for the top portion and two large t-shirts for the skirt. One plain and one with a funky fresh graphic.


I love skulls, so of course this tee with the multi-colored overlapping skulls practically grabbed me as I passed by the rack.




And the manic robotic boomboxes with the crazy eyes and even crazier teeth called to me, too.


These angry purple and grey skulls with the matching harlequin background was too amazing to ignore.


The tutorial was super easy and I made three in two days! And even though I've only worn them once since then, I still take them down every now and again to admire my handiwork.

Keep It Funky!
Tammi

1 comment: